28 April 2009

Kalendare

Well, today I said an EF Mass with the Mass Justus ut palma and the Collect from the newest Missal for S Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort. He is one of my favourite saints and when I am Pope I shall make him a Doctor of the Church. I feel he does not disapprove of my celebration.

On Friday, I hope to say an EF Mass of SS Pip and Jim (11.30); because when the calendars of S Pius V and BCP and Common Worship coincide, somehow it feels right to follow the convergence.

"Feels", you cry in outrage. "Christianity is not about feeling. You attitude is totally illogical".

I suppose you're right. But I do think you're a bit hard on me.

6 comments:

Fr. Gregory Wassen said...

Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort ...

Fr. Robert Daley SJ (Notre Dame and Fordham University) mentioned last year that de Montfort committed "material heresy" with regard to his mariology.

Still ... I'de like to see you as the next Archbishop of Canterburry it seems the CoE needs you more than the RCC - they have Benedict VI! I am assuming you will not back down on the positions you have published here of course :-)

Fr. Gregory

William said...

Father Hunwinke, Your blog site is highly enjoyable and informative and I visit often. A question: Are you RC? or CofE (very high CofE, indeed)? Please don't think me impertinent, but I simple cannot determine and would genuinely like to know.

Fr John Hunwicke said...

I am a plain simple middle-of-the -road Church-of-England chap who accepts, as all right thinking people do, the whole of Roman defined dogma. I also have a love and decided preference for traditional Roman Liturgy in Latin.

I hope that makes everything clear.

Ttony said...

We do have Benedict VI and I suppose there are useful lessons to be learned about the relationship between Papacy and Empire should God's Grace bring the latter back into being.

And an American Jesuit may or may not have useful things to say about LMGdeM and his "Mariology", but I think I know whether I instinctively back Fr D or Fr H.

William said...

Thank you, Father. Everything now falls nicely into place.

Adulio said...

I am a plain simple middle-of-the -road Church-of-England chap who accepts, as all right thinking people do, the whole of Roman defined dogma.Without being impertinent - a bit of a contradiction in terms there?