31 August 2010

Some priestling called Loftus ...

... writes in a paper called the Catholic Times, passed on to me occasionally by a friend.

The man is a complete charlatan in the way he uses misinformation to deceive. I have just read a piece about how Rome subverts the desire of Vatican II for a vernacular liturgy. In this he fails to mention what V2 actually says ... and supports this assertion by a rhetorical trope of Paul VI, the word Dammit, and a claim that V2 is all about ecclesia semper reformanda.

Goodness gracious me.

3 comments:

AndrewWS said...

The CT used to be a bastion of orthodoxy whose intransigence was such that it was once described as "not so much a newspaper, more a prayer mat rolled out in the direction of Rome". Tempora mutamur, forsooth.

Sue Sims said...

I used to buy the CT weekly, but could only manage about four months of Mgr BL before I gave up. (I was sorry to leave Fr Marsden behind, though.) I did write to the paper a couple of times when Loftus had made some particularly egregious comment, but they never published my letters, and eventually I decided my blood pressure needed more attention.

Do you know the 'Fr Mildew' blog of Fr Michael Clifton? He's excellent on the idiocies of 'Lofty'. The problem is, of course, that the latter trades on his having been a minor peritus at VII, and now attributes all his own prejudices to that Council.

Fr John Abberton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.